Skip to main content



Leasing Questions

Do I need an appointment? Do you take walk-ins?

No appointment is necessary to tour our community; however, it is always appreciated if you call ahead to make sure we are available to provide adequate time for you to tour and ask questions. Please arrive no later than one half hour prior to closing if you would like to tour the property. Everyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to tour the community.

Why do your prices have ranges?

Our apartment homes are priced individually based on the amenities and features.

What is the application fee and is it refundable?

The application fee is $50 per person over the age of 18 and there is also an administrative fee of $150. Both fees are non-refundable.

How do I apply?

All applications can be filled out and submitted through our website under the "Floor Plans" tab. You can apply for an available apartment here to start the process of becoming a Van Buren resident!

Which utilities do I pay?

You are responsible for all utilities. There is a utility charge every month for water, trash, sewage, and pest control. It is paid to Van Buren Village with your rent every month. All of the units also have electric (DP&L) and gas (Vectren) that you are responsible for turning into your name before move in.

What is the security deposit?

Our deposits start at $300 and can go up to one month’s rent.

When is my rent payment due? What day of the month am I liable for a late charge?

Rent is due on the first of the month. On the 6th of the month rent is considered late and there will be a $100 late fee.

How can I pay my rent?

You can pay rent by setting up your online account on our website. This allows you to use a bank account (no fee) or credit card (with fee) to make payments.

What kind of pets do you allow? How many pets may I have?

We are a pet friendly community. In our one and two bedroom garden style units we allow cats only. In our two bedroom townhomes we allow both dogs and cats. You may have up to 2 pets per unit. For one pet there is a $299 non-refundable pet fee. For two pets there is a $499 non-refundable pet fee. Monthly pet rent is $30 per pet.

Resident Questions

If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease?

Yes, if the lease buy-out fee has been paid. A 60-day notice is required before vacating your apartment, and the lease buy-out fee is $2000. Please make sure that you reference your signed lease agreement and confirm policies with your Property Manager as there could be unique circumstances.

If I am part of the military and receive deployment or reassignment orders, can I break the lease?

Yes, service members can break their lease without penalty in certain circumstances through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). Please contact the property manager as soon as possible in this situation. You will need to provide written notice and a copy of your military orders.

How can I refer a friend?

If you love our apartments and want to refer a friend, please let our office know! We offer resident referral programs throughout the year and would love for your friends and family to join our community.

If something needs to be repaired in my apartment, how do I report it?

You may call the office, send an e-mail, or leave a message with the answering service. You may also submit work orders online if you are enrolled in our online services.

There is a person who might be staying with me for a while, is that permitted by the lease?

Yes, if someone is temporarily staying with you, please let the office know so we can accommodate for parking. If someone is permanently moving in, or staying longer than 2 days, they will need to fill out an application to be added to your lease agreement.

I will be moving out. What do I need to do?

We require a 60-day written notice, which you are responsible for, prior to move-out. If you need to move-out at the end of your lease term, please remember to come in 60 days prior to the lease expiring to provide your written notice.

Do you have cable/Internet services?

All units are cable-ready and internet-ready. You may choose any provider you wish to use.

Can I grill on the property?

You may grill on property, however the grill must be at least 10 ft. from building when in use.

I am locked out of my apartment/garage. What do I do?

If you are locked out during business hours, you can come to the office with an ID to be let back in your apartment or garage. Please do not call emergency maintenance. You must call a locksmith if you are locked out after normal business hours.

I have lost my apartment and/or mailbox keys. What do I do?

If you have lost your keys, you may have new keys made at our office during business hours for a small fee.